Providing Access to SpecifiedBy
- We use your personal data to enable us to register you and provide you with access to SpecifiedBy and the SpecifiedBy website.
It will also enable us to contact you by email, post, SMS, social media or telephone where necessary concerning SpecifiedBy; to record your personal preferences; to personalise our services to you (such as by saving search and browsing history to make it easier for you to find information when you return to SpecifiedBy or the SpecifiedBy website).
Making Improvements to SpecifiedBy
- We will also use and analyse your personal data so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business, customer service and the features of the SpecifiedBy website and SpecifiedBy generally.
We may use third parties to assist us in doing these things from time to time, and in those cases may pass on your personal data to them. We will only share your data with third parties that we trust, and where there are assurances in place as to how they will protect the data.
Providing Opportunities to Product Suppliers
- We will, where relevant, provide your first name, role and company details to the manufacturers of products you have shown an interest in through your actions on SpecifiedBy (such as searching or viewing products, saving products to projects, downloading files, comparing products or any other engagement with a company or their products).
We will not provide these companies with your direct contact details (such as email address or phone number), but we do provide them with the option to send you a message through SpecifiedBy, which will be delivered to your email address.
Providing Market Insights
- We monitor anonymous, aggregated information about how people use SpecifiedBy so that we can produce insights about how people search, compare, research and make decisions about construction products for specification.
For example, based on an anonymous, aggregate data analysis, we may produce a report on how most people prefer to do acertain amount of high-level research before contacting a product supplier.
We may share these insights with customers, on our blog or other promotional material, use them internally to improve our product and communications, or share with other interested third parties. We will never identify you or your business in such communications, reports or white papers and will never report data in such a way that you or your business could be identified without your prior consent.
Contacting you for Marketing Purposes
- We may use your personal data to contact you by email, post, SMS, social media and/or telephone to let you know about our other SpecifiedBy and/or third party services, content, offers, market research or product ranges which may be of interest to you.
We will only use your data in this way where you have provided consent, we have legitimate business reasons for doing so, or where we are otherwise entitled by law to do so. If you would like us to stop providing you with such notifications, just contact us using the details provided at the bottom of this page. Please note, this may take up to one working day to take effect.
To stop receiving necessary emails from SpecifiedBy itself (for example, notification that a product manufacturer has sent you a message), you should delete your SpecifiedBy account.
- We may further use, or permit selected third parties to use, your personal data to enable us to track and analyse SpecifiedBy website traffic and visitor trends, improve your browsing experience and to personalise and enhance the content and advertising we display.
– We may use your personal data to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject.
If you would like to update the personal data we hold about you, please login to your SpecifiedBy account or contact us at email@example.com
with your request.
Why do we use your personal data?
We collect and use your personal information for a variety of reasons, including to be able to provide you with access to SpecifiedBy and our features and services.
Other information we collect because we have legitimate business interests, for example, in:
- Understanding how our users and customers use our products, services and websites;
- Understanding and responding to user and customer feedback;
- Researching and analysing the services our users and customers want;
- Improving our product and better understanding how our users and customers use it.
In some circumstances we may process your personal data because it is required for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation.