Find, compare and price building products without wasting time on visiting, registering, & navigating multiple manufacturer websites, downloading countless technical documents for comparison, or waiting days for quotes.
Built to get you results quickly.
Products & information updated daily.
All the information you need in one place.
The largest product database in the UK.
1 Hour Fire Rated Metal Access Panel
Save time and money on fitting as this is the cheapest and easiest Fire Rated Metal Access Panel to install, no need for a timber surround to screw into. The revolutionary flipfix device clamps up to plasterboard, please see fitting video at bottom of page.
The Flipfix wall or ceiling metal access panel has a metal faced door and is designed to fit straight into a pre-cut hole using the pop out cutting template that is provided. The Panel has a 20mm Picture Frame and is supplied with a budget lock and tee key as standard.
These panels are designed for inspection purposes only and are not suitable for personal access, the panel is 1-hour fire rated as standard in accordance with B.S.476: Part22:1987.
The panel is manufactured from 0.9mm Zintec steel. It has a fully removable door and is powder coated RAL9010 30% Gloss. The door is fitted with a screw pin lock and is lockable using a standard budget lock
The Flipfix device covers all plasterboard from 8mm- 32mm so can be used on double board.
Bespoke sizes available on request
3 Minute Fitting:
- Cut out the hole using template provided and a pad saw
- You don t need to remove the door, just open the panel using the key supplied and place the panel into the aperture.
- Apply Intumescent acrylic mastic on the rear of the Picture / Beaded frame, nominally 5mm wide sealing to the supporting construction before installing.
- Tighten the flip fix device via the fixing screw behind the door leaf to clamp onto the back of the plasterboard (the flipfix devise covers all boards from 8mm 32mm). You can alternatively screw through the frame using optional fixing points if screwing into existing timber surround.
- Lock the door and insert the plastic bung cover into the lock hole.
- Now sit back and relax, you have saved yourself 20 minutes
|Materials & Finishes|
|RAL Number (?)||RAL 9010|
|Application (?)||Ceilings, Walls|
|Size & Weight|
|Width (?)||150 mm|
|Weight (?)||0.75 kg|
|Length (?)||150 mm|
|Features (?)||Budget Lock|
|Fixing Method (?)||Flipfix clamps|
© SpecifiedBy 2019. All rights reserved.